Geographical Center of North America

City Elections are held on the second Tuesday in June in each even numbered year.  To be eligible to vote, you must be:

  • A U.S. citizen.
  • At least 18 years old on the day of an election.
  • A legal North Dakota resident.
  • A resident in the precinct for 30 days preceding the election.
Where do I vote?

If you live in the City of Rugby you may vote by mail (absentee) or at the Pierce County Courthouse on election day.

Please contact the Pierce County Auditor for more information at 776-6942 ext. 1

How do I register to vote?

You do not need to register to vote.  North Dakota is the only state in the United States that does not require registration.  You should bring along some form of identification.  More information can be obtained at:

Map of City Voting Wards
Who should I contact with further questions?

Contact the City Auditor at City Hall at 701-776-6181.

Home | Government | About Us | Frequently Asked Questions | City Government Calendar | News | Tourism | Heart of America Library | Armory Calendar | Helpful Links | Contact Us | Web Site Map | Meeting Laws | Council Information | Permits, Licenses & Forms | Planning & Zoning | City Departments | City Ordinances | Employment Opportunities | RUGBY GIS MAP
Printer-friendly Version