Geographical Center of North America
Frequently Asked Questions
What are City Hall office hours?

City Hall Hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.

Who do I contact for utility connections?


MidContinent Communications at 1-800-888-1300

North Dakota Telephone Company at 1-800-880-4213


Otter Tail Power at 1-800-257-4044

Heating Fuel & Propane

Farmers Union Oil Company at 701-776-5221

Ferrellgas at 701-776-2190

Harper Oil at 701-776-6421


City of Rugby at 701-776-6181


What days are garbage pickup?

Garbage services are provided by Circle Sanitation, which is privately owned. 

Residential garbage pickup is on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  Garbage should be set out the night before pickup. 

All garbage needs to be placed in the Circle Sanitation Tote at your residence.  Any garbage not inside the tote (96 gallons) will not be picked up.
How do I obtain a pet license?

Licenses for dogs and cats can be obtained at City Hall, or the Rugby Veterinary Service, located at 107 Industrial Road.  Per Ordinance 6.04.020 - Pet Licenses are Free of Charge.

Licenses are good for one year.  Please remember to register your pet each year.

How do I vote absentee?
Absentee ballots can be obtained from the Pierce County Auditor's Office.  Please call 701-776-5225 for more information.
How do I contact the Rugby Volunteer Fire Department
The mailing address for the Rugby Fire Department is PO Box 202, Rugby, ND  58368
How do I obtain a raffle permit?

Applications can be picked up at City Hall, or printed off from our website.  Turn in the application to City Hall, along with the fee, and the application will be reviewed by the City Attorney and considered for approval by the City Council. 

Where can I dump leaves and grass?

The City of Rugby provides a trailer in the city owned parking lot east of Hartley's Mall and South of the train depot, for leaves and grass clippings.   Leaves and grass clippings should not be bagged and other debris or rubbish should not be placed in the trailers.

The trailers are dumped between 8am and 5pm weekdays.  Please do not overfill the trailers.

The trailers are available seasonally. 

Who do I contact if I want to rent the Armory?
Contact the City Clerk at City Hall during normal business hours.
Home | Government | About Us | Frequently Asked Questions | City Government Calendar | News | Tourism | Heart of America Library | Armory Calendar | Helpful Links | Contact Us | Web Site Map | Meeting Laws | Council Information | Permits, Licenses & Forms | Planning & Zoning | City Departments | City Ordinances | Employment Opportunities | RUGBY GIS MAP
Printer-friendly Version